The Great Big Scenery Competition Begins!March 17, 2011 33 Comments
This is a club scenery making competition, the aim being to increase the range and quality of scenery available for club games. The brief is this:
- Any member of the club may enter, all they need to do is post their interest in this thread - they do not need to post what they are building. There is no cost involved other than the materials you use.
- There is a set theme/period/genre/scale and all pieces entered must be suitable/appropriate to it.
- There will be a specific club date by which terrain pieces made be entrants must be entered and brought down for judging.
- Judging will be carried out by entrants ONLY and the judging will be based on three areas: attractiveness, appropriateness and durability, with entrants offering scores out of five for each area. The terrain piece with the highest overall score will be judged the winner.
- At the moment, there is no prize - however the winner will be granted the choice of the category/theme for the next terrain making competition.
- All terrain made for the competition will be given to the club for club members to use.
- There is no limit on what you spend/use/make - however, bear in mind rules 4, 5 and 6. It's probably best not to go overboard.
The first round of the Great Big Scenery Competition begins
Category: 28mm Sci-Fi Scenery suitable for use in Warhammer 40k games
(this was suggested by Paul C as he pointed out that the 40k crowd had no terrain bought last year)
Deadline: Thursday 14th April